Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece and the second highest mountain in the Balkans, as well as the second highest mountain in the area between the Alps and Caucasus. Its highest summit, Mytikas (or Pantheon as it is also known) that stands tall at 2, 918m, was the home of the twelve gods of Olympus, according to Greek mythology. Mount Olympus, a mountain of worldwide acclaim, boasts rich and interesting biodiversity and the surrounding area is protected as a National Park.
The first time that one visits Olympus is never to be forgotten. The unsurpassed beauty of Greek nature, beautiful scents of the forest, the enchanting humming of birds, the breathtaking steep slopes and the fresh air, all combined create a magical world that carries any hiker to a wonderful dance of emotions. It’s not easy for one to get enough of Olympus because each time it has something new to offer. Our trip will last 4 days. We hope that you’ll join us to share beautiful lifetime memories.
This price includes:
- Proposal for physical preparation program if necessary
- Two instructive hikes before departure
- Group leader by One Step Further and local mountain guides or activity instructors
- Designing – Planning – Execution – Supervision
- Transportation via public transport from Macedonia Airport to starting point and vice versa
- Overnight stay with breakfast and dinner for all nights in mountaineering refuges
- Personal equipment list and assistance for purchase and use
Price does not include:
- Airfare tickets
- Personal hiking and overnight stay equipment
- Travel Insurance (optional)
- Rescue costs
- Personal expenses (drinks, etc.)