Zagori – Vikos gorge – Drakolimni
Hike across the magical Vikos Gorge, ascent to Drakolimni of Tymfis, experience rafting at the Voidomatis river and wander through the magnificent picturesque Zagorochoria. Are you ready?
For group booking please contact us
Come and meet one of the most wonderful areas of Greece with the most striking natural beauty, a place where you can experience great history and tradition. “Zagorochoria” refers to 46 villages that are interconnected by mountain roads, where each visitor can explore and discover his own favorite. One can enjoy peace and quiet, or extreme sports, breathtaking views and villages literally located in the wild forests. Imposing mountain peaks, crystal clear rivers, like Voidomatis river and alpine lakes, such as Drakolimni.
At Zagorochoria you will admire the traditional architecture characterized by the main materials used to build houses: stone and wood. The same materials are still used today (most of the villages at Zagori are characterized as traditional housing estates, according to a specific Zagori decree). The hostels where we will stay are examples of this architecture and they offer an authentic experience, while providing all necessary comforts.
We have planned a series of activities for this visit, in order to enjoy every minute. Anyone in good physical condition can participate. Children at least 12 years old can participate if accompanied by their parent or guardian. No one can participate in only a segment of the scheduled trip.
And of course, any visit to Zagori is a culinary experience as well! Here you will have the chance to taste the authentic food and drinks of the area. Traditional recipes ranging from popular pies, delicious sweets, fresh local meat, pure red wine produced in the area and the very famous “tsipouro”!
Terms and conditions
- Proposed activities are but physically demanding. Adults over 18 years old who are in good physical condition, with determination and serious attitude towards outdoor activities can participate. Children aged at least 12 can participate if accompanied by their parents. Instructions by group leader and instructors must be followed strictly.
- Departure times will be strictly followed in order to ensure the smooth execution of the program.
- All participants must sign a personal registration form where they will be asked to list any health problems, so that organizers are aware.
- In the case of bad weather conditions that will prevent participation in a programmed activity, the program will be altered accordingly. This will happen only in the case of severe bad weather conditions that will create safety issues. For example, if there is only light rainfall, activities will take place as planned.
- An equipment list will be provided, followed by an explanatory presentation of the equipment list in time for participants to prepare accordingly.
- One cannot participate in part of the trip.
- ID (for EU residents)
- Passport & VISA (for residents outside EU)
- Medical confirmation
- The deposit is non refundable, in case of a cancellation 30 days later.
- In case of cancellation 30 days later and up to 10 days before the departure date, you will be charged 50% of the whole amount.
- In case of cancellation 10 days later and up to 0 days before the departure date, you will be charged with the whole amount (100%).
- In case of no show the whole amount will be charged (100%).