Extreme Adventure Camp: 17-22/7/23
Departure Monday 17/7 at 7:30 a.m.
Return Saturday 22/7 at 3:00 p.m.
Location: GSP stadium West entrance parking lot next to kiosk
Please see location link: https://goo.gl/maps/gHgiQR5vpxP2
Our bus will have a clear sign indicating Kids Adventure Camp. Our Camp Leaders will be there to greet and escort your children on the bus.
Bus boarding check:
- Temperature check
- Luggage check (right size & type)
Life at camp will be simple and we will learn how to spend our days in a calm and peaceful environment in the heart of the forest.
Please encourage your children to prepare their own bag with your help, but please don’t prepare it for them. This way they will know exactly what they have with them, they will easily locate what they need and learn to take care of their own belongings. The recommended equipment (on the back) is necessary for the camp. It is not mandatory to buy the recommended items but keep in mind that it is quality value-for-money equipment to be used in the future as well. You can use what you have at home that fits the description. If you are not sure about something you have at home, please ask us.
You can purchase the required equipment at our own store Get Out outdoor store. We carry all the equipment and everything one needs for adventure and outdoor sports, and we offer 20% discount for your purchases. Free next day delivery all over Cyprus. Please call Alexandros the store manager on 22311012 for anything you might need.
Coupon code for online purchases: CAMP20OFF
* Valid on all items, excluding sale items.
Camp Equipment list:
- Soft Duffle bag without wheels 60 Litres max: Duffle bags are soft yet durable, can fit in a lot of things, and can be easily stored in the tent without taking up a lot of space. They are very convenient with a big opening to facilitate easily locating things. One bag per child. Please check the dimensions to be no more than 60cm X 35cm X 35cm height. Only soft duffle bags with NO wheels, NO bulky travel luggage, and NO trekking rucksacks please. It should fit everything including the recommended sleeping bag and mat if these are compact. In case your sleeping bag and/or your sleeping mat are bulky and they don’t fit inside, those can be carried in a nylon bag that can be folded and saved as soon as participants settle in the tents.
- Hiking backpack 15-20L: Fits on the shoulders with two slings and ties around the waist. Preferably with anatomic back support system to provide a pleasant hiking experience. Any comfortable backpack from home will do.
- Sleeping bag: Summer light & compact sleeping bag. Quality sleeping bags don’t cause allergic skin reactions while allowing the skin to breathe when sleeping. The packing dimensions of the sleeping bag should be 40cm x 20cm or less.
- Self-inflatable sleeping mat: The mat must be a camping mat and not an exercise mat. The quality of the mat reflects quality of sleep. Please check that the dimensions of your child’s sleeping mat when unfolded are not more than 185cm length X 55cm width X 5cm height so it will fit in the tent and not more than 25 cm x 15cm when packed so it will fit in the duffle. Avoid foam mats because they are not meant to be used for several nights as they are not comfortable. We need a compact camping mat, not air beds that are to be inflated with a pump.
- One bath towel & one face towel. You can get a specialized super absorbent light towel, but children can bring any towel from home.
- Sport trainers, preferably with rugged soles.
- Slippers or flip flops for the shower and swimming pool
- 5 pairs of shorts, preferably synthetic material
- 1 pair of long pants, light summer pants preferably synthetic material
- 5 short sleeve t-shirts, preferably synthetic that provide sufficient breathability
- Fleece jacket or other warm long-sleeve jumper for the evening (not bulky/ compact when packed)
- 6 pairs of underwear
- 6 pairs of sport socks preferably synthetic
- Pyjamas (only 1 pair please) – most children prefer long bottoms
- Swimsuit (and swim goggles optional)
- Sun hat or Cap or BUFF® multi-functional headwear
- Protective sunglasses, preferably sport sunglasses
- 2 water bottles, unbreakable, plastic, or stainless steel (approx.700 ml each)
- Headlamp, compact and lightweight for night hike and evening camp lifePersonal hygiene products: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo & shower gel
- Sun protection cream / protective lip balm/ personal small antiseptic
- Anti-mosquito lotion, preferably odorless and made with natural ingredients
- Money allowance (maximum €10 please include some coins)
- Photo camera to capture all the fun and to participate in photo contest (preferably inexpensive models)
- Musical instrument
- 1 book
- 1 board game or activity pack
Not allowed at camp
- All types of electronic devices including tablets, video game consoles and GPS trackers
- Food (sweets, biscuits, chips, etc.)
- Items not on the list
Contact during camp
Campers will call you once on Monday afternoon. If requested, they are allowed a second phone call during the week. If you need to urgently contact your child, you must call the Camp Leader. Too frequent contact with your child is not necessary and intervenes with your child’s adjustment to life at the camp. Please only call Marios in case of an emergency. HE WILL call you if your child is having a real problem or to clarify something if necessary.Please remember we have designed this camp for teenagers who are comfortable away from their parents so please also give them your blessing to enjoy themselves without having to call you ☺
Contact number before Camp: 22254612 & 99441585 (Louisa)
Contact number during Camp: 99359214 (Marios -Camp Leader) (send SMS please if not urgent)
Policy on mobile phones
Campers can bring their phone to be handed to team leaders on arrival and handed out to campers only for phone call time. If they do not bring a phone, they will use our team’s phones to call. Phones will not be given to campers at any other time. Phones will be kept in a safe place.
We remain at your disposal for any assistance you might need or any questions. Our team is looking forward to welcoming you for an unforgettable adventure!