- To offer participating children time outdoors filled with intense emotions, away from technology and the fast pace of modern-day life, appreciating in the end how little we really need in order to be happy
- To be introduced to and participate in fun outdoor sports activities that they’ll love forever, therefore naturally adopting an active way of life that will be natural to follow in their adult lives
- To gain precious experiences and life lessons through this time spent as a team in the camp that will help develop their character, positive behavior and team spirit.
- To share memorable experiences that will create unforgettable memories.
|07:30 - 08:15||Morning wake-up/ Morning exercise|
|08:15 - 09:00||Breakfast/ Tent tidy-up|
|09:00 - 13:00||Activities with break for snack/fruit|
|13:30 - 15:00||Lunch & free time|
|15:30 - 16:30||Personal hygiene & rest time|
|16:30 - 17:00||Afternoon snack|
|17:00 - 19:30||Afternoon activity|
|19:30 - 21:00||Dinner and free time|
|21:00 - 22:00||Evening activity|
|22:00||Quiet time/ Bed time|
- Tent and camp set-up
- Hiking and nature study (flora and fauna)
- Rock climbing and abseiling
- Orienteering (daytime & night time)
- Swimming (comfortable in contact with water)
- Introduction to trail running and mini-competition
- Laser tag strategy game
- Exercise outdoors
- Photo/video contest
- Presentations (environment, flora/ fauna)
- Team sports (football, volleyball)
- Night hike and observation of constellations
- Team-building activities
- Art/ crafts
- Tyrolean traverse
- Slackline (balance game)
- Troodos Geopark visit
Meals / Nutrition
3 meals a day and snacks will be served at the venue’s dining area or outdoors. A healthy, balanced and varied diet plan is implemented, and meals are prepared with healthy local ingredients where possible. Our weekly nutrition plan includes locally produced bread, fresh seasonal fruit, legumes, vegetables, wholesome Cypriot dishes and homemade Cypriot specialties like yogurt with honey and rice pudding.
Our objective is to teach a good relationship with quality food, enjoying food and treats in moderation and realizing the beneficial effects of a balanced healthy diet. On our last day we make “souvlakia” outdoors with the children. Sweets are offered in moderation.
Organizer / Camp leader
Kids Adventure Camp is organized since 2013 by One Step Further Ltd, a specialized outdoor activities company, dedicated to creating unforgettable experiences in Cyprus and abroad.
Kids Adventure Camp Leader
Marios is a Physical Education and Sports Graduate in the specialty of Outdoor Activities, a Rock Climbing Instructor and a Mountain Leader Award holder (Mountain Training of England). He is the founder of One Step Further and has multiple years of experience in leading hiking groups, mountain ascents in various countries, and teaching children in rock climbing, camping and outdoor survival, as well as organizing outdoor team-building activities for corporations. He is also a Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Award Leader, Assessor, Supervisor & Trainer for Trainers and has been teaching the Award to teenagers for several years. He has two children of his own.
Kids Adventure Camp Co-Leader
Dimos Prantsidis is a Physical Education and Sports Ph.D. holder. Dimos has a wealth of experience in teaching children and young people in outdoor sports. He works as a ski instructor, climbing coach and camp leader in Greece, where he lives. He is acclaimed as a traditional Greek dance instructor, teaching students as well as teachers all over Greece and abroad. He has organized and participated in Greek dance seminars and performances in Greece and all over the world. He is also an avid mountaineer and father to two adorable daughters.
Each summer we bring together a diverse experienced team of professionals with an extensive background in working with children and outdoor sports, each one with their own personality coming together to create an overall unforgettable experience for our campers. Kids Adventure Camp team leaders have been on our team for years, most of them since the beginning. All team leaders are university graduates in the fields of Physical Education or Education.