Escape from everyday routine, get away from the ordinary and join us to experience this exciting activity that is loved by children and adults.
Anyone in relatively good physical condition can participate in the two-day TOP ROPE course. No prior experience or special skills are required. The course aims to introduce participants to the magical world of climbing.
The two-day LEAD climbing course is open for participants that completed the TOP ROPE course. The aim is to provide participants with the theoretical and practical knowledge that is necessary in order to be able, after completion of the course to enjoy their favourite activity in maximum safety conditions.
A full four-day course including both TOP ROPE & LEAD courses is available for purchase at a reduced price.
Τhe courses take place at Diarizos climbing site (Kourtellorotsos) and Inia climbing site (Gerakopetra), in Pafos district.
Time and place of lessons may change at any time before or during the course for various reasons (i.e. weather conditions, climbing ability of participants, number of participants etc.)
Next scheduled course:
Top rope climbing and belaying 14-15 October
Lead climbing and belaying 21-22 October
Practical lessons that will be taught:
- TOP ROPE course:
- Preparation and warm up for climbing
- Basic climbing techniques
- Rope handling, knots & equipment use
- Top rope climbing and belaying
- LEAD climbing course:
- Belaying techniques with various belay devices
- Lead climbing and belaying
- Abseiling (Rappelling)
- Safe retreat
- Lead fall and dynamic belaying
Theoretical lessons that will be taught:
- Concept, philosophy and evolution of rock climbing
- Climbing history in various parts of the world
- Introduction to free rock climbing
- The role of physical condition in climbing performance
- Climbing equipment & clothing (selection, use and maintenance)
- Communication code between climbing partners
- Possible hazards in climbing areas and how to face them
- Ethics and environmental behavior
- Climbing. Just a sport or a way of life?
How to reserve
If you wish to reserve your space, book now or contact us for more details.
Sport Climbing Course
Top Rope Climbing Course
is available only on the first weekend of the course
Included in the price:
- Rock climbing instructor RCI UK, Physical Education & Sports graduate
- The use of climbing equipment except climbing shoes
- Gift voucher worth €40 for the purchase of personal harness and helmet before the start of the Course from Get Out outdoor store – www.getout.cy (valid only for participants in the TOP ROPE & LEAD full course for the purchase of the set)
- Transportation costs to and from the climbing sites
- Accommodation & food expenses (We usually stay in tents. Participants can also overnight in low cost rooms if they wish)