Kids Adventure Camp by One Step Further is a life-changing opportunity for children age 7-14 to discover a brand new world that probably didn’t exist for them up until now. In today’s fast-pace living, life in the city has become stressful for children and they feel the inherent need to return to nature through experiencing unforgettable outdoor activities.
- To offer participating children 6 days (5 nights) outdoors filled with intense emotions, away from technology and the “comforts” of modern-day life, appreciating in the end how little we really need in order to be happy
- To get to know and participate in fun outdoor sports activities that they will love forever, therefore naturally adopting an active way of life that will be natural to follow in their adult lives
- To gain precious experiences and life lessons through this time spent as a team in the camp that will help develop their character, positive behavior and team spirit.
- To experience real rural life in the village and traditional occupations of villagers and farmers, therefore learning and appreciating how much effort goes into making a living
- To share memorable experiences that will create unforgettable memories
- Tent and camp set-up
- Hiking and nature study (flora and fauna)
- Rock climbing and abseiling
- Orienteering (daytime & night time)
- Swimming (comfortable in contact with water)
- Introduction to trail running and mini-competition
- Laser tag strategy game
- Exercise outdoors
- Fruit gathering with rural family
- Photo/video contest
- Presentations (environment, flora/ fauna)
- Team sports (football, volleyball)
- Night hike and observation of constellations
- Team-building activities
- Art/ crafts
- Tyrolean traverse
- Slackline (balance game)
The camp will be hosted outdoors in the beautiful pine "Adelfi forest" in a privately-owned, fenced area at Adventure Mountain Park. The Adventure Mountain Park is just outside the village of Kyperounda in the Madari area of Troodos forest (40 km from Limassol & 58 km from Nicosia).
Children will sleep in 2-4 person tents (per gender). The facility includes showers, WC, dining and meeting area with TV for watching movies and presentations, outdoor climbing wall, archery area, paintball field and laser tag field, café and restaurant area. Activity areas and children are covered by insurance.
Groups: 8-10 children per team leader.
Indicative daily schedule
7:30-8:15 Morning wake-up/ Morning exercise
8:15-9:00 Breakfast/ Tent tidy-up
9:00-13:00 Activities with break for snack/fruit
13:30-15:00 Lunch & free time
15:30-16:30 Personal hygiene & rest time
16:30-17:00 Afternoon snack
17:00-19:30 Afternoon activity
19:30-21:00 Dinner and free time
21:00-22:00 Evening activity
22:00 Quiet time/ Bed time
|Date||Grade finished in June 2018|
|Period A: 5th – 7st July 2018||1st & 2nd Grade Primary|
|Period B: 9rd - 14th July 2017||3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Primary|
|Period C: 16th – 21st July 2017||6th Grade Primary/ 1st & 2nd Secondary|
3 meals a day and snacks will be served at the venue’s dining area or outdoors. A healthy, balanced and varied diet plan is implemented and meals are prepared with healthy local ingredients where possible. Our weekly nutrition plan includes locally produced bread, fresh seasonal fruit, legumes, vegetables, wholesome Cypriot dishes and homemade Cypriot specialties like yogurt with honey and rice pudding.
Our objective is to teach a good relationship with quality food, enjoying food and treats in moderation and realizing the beneficial effects of a balanced healthy diet. On our last day, we will make “souvlakia” outdoors with the children, celebrating Cypriot traditions! Sweets (usually ice cream) will be offered in moderation.
Organizer/ Camp leader
Kids Adventure Camp is organized since 2013 by One Step Further Ltd, a specialized outdoor activities company, dedicated to creating unforgettable experiences in Cyprus and abroad.
Marios Hadjipetris is the Camp Leader. Marios is a Physical Education and Sports Graduate in the specialty of Outdoor Activities, a Rock Climbing Instructor and a Mountain Leader award holder (Mountain Training of England). He is the founder of One Step Further and has multiple years of experience in leading hiking groups, mountain ascents in various countries, and teaching children in rock climbing, camping and outdoor survival and organizing outdoor team-building activities for corporations. He is also a Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Award Leader, Assessor, Supervisor & Trainer for Trainers and has been teaching the Award to teenagers for several years. He has two children of his own.
The Kids Adventure Camp team is an experienced team of professionals with an extensive background in working with children and outdoors sports, each one with their own personality coming together to create an overall unforgettable experience for our campers!
For Period A: €190 (for 2 nights/ 3 days)
For Periods B and C: €380 (for 5 nights/ 6 days)
This is an all- inclusive price. It includes transportation from/to Nicosia or Limassol, accommodation in quality tents, all meals, local transportation to visits in the area, professional group leaders/ escorts, qualified trainers/ personnel for each activity, group equipment for activities and first aid kit and VAT.
Please register online on Click here by June 4th, 2018 or request a printed form to fill out. Payment can be made online to conclude registration. Please contact us for alternative ways of payment. Enrolment before deadline guarantees position in the camp.
To download Kids Adventure Camp 2018 leaflet please Click here